Hole in One
Let us know about your hole in one!
Beginning January 1, 2020, GHIN handicap will use the World Handicap System (WHS).
Under the WHS, equitable score control (ESC) is no longer used. Posting scores in the Greater St. Louis area will begin March 1, 2020. If you play in warmer climates and need to post scores, save your scorecard until information on how to post scores becomes available. Information will be forthcoming on how to post your score in GHIN.
Here are a few reminders for a good handicap.
1. Post within a week of play
2. Handicap will be updated the day after you post your score.
3. Post all scores as "away".
4. Only match play/stroke play scores should be posted as a "tournament".
5. Posting errors cannot be corrected through the golf course or internet GHIN. They can only be corrected through SLWGA's Handicap Chairman.
Please email any changes to Char Jostes email@example.com. This includes wrong date, course rating or slope, or score.
Pace of Play Reminder
Speed of play is an issue with all SLWGA events but is especially irritating when the temperature is above 90 degrees as it is in our summers. Unfortunately, this can be life threatening, CLICK HERE to view some courtesy rules that all of us need to observe. Team captains please stress this with your team members.
Cardinal Creek - January 18, 2020
Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to the Memorial Fund at First United Presbyterian Church and cards can be sent to
115 Woods Edge
Belleville, IL 62221
Thank you to everyone for their kind words and wonderful memories of Donna.